Thursday, March 20, 2008

Do Not Worry... Matthew 6:25-50

For those of you who know me-you may know we are going through a really hard time. For those of you who don't know-We were one of the big "Suckers" in the Adjustable Rate Mortgage nightmare. The payments on our house have just gotten higher and higher and higher and we just can't do it & my husband was hurt last Summer and then subsequently laid off in December-We now live on about 1/2 of what we used to earn. VERY Scary stuff. We just don't feel like bankruptcy is for us. We can't re-finance-already tried. This is just heartbreaking. I have that huge lump in my throat. When you buy your first house-it's part of this dream you spun growing up. Just like kissing your first boyfriend or getting married in that white dress, it's a dream come true. But to lose it something you dreamed of forever, it's heart breaking. I know God is with me-I know he loves me-but this hurts. Looking for a rental is soo frustrating too. They either are just horrible or so nice you can't afford it. Where is the happy medium...??

BUT, I do know this...

Matthew 6:25-50
Do Not Worry

25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Amen!!

Kimberly-StarScraps

4 comments:

Missie said...

Once again Kim, Thanks! You are a rock when I need a place to stand. I really need this today because well you know. I took time off for vacation and the worries of today and tomorrow have been quite overwhelming today. I know you will land on solid ground just as well as my family will. It is so hard to not let the material aspects of life not run your life but believe in the Lord and he will supply all my needs. I seem to really struggle with this at time with the family. Thanks for sharing, I really did need this today.
Love always,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Kim, God is good and He will be with you and beside you every step of the way. God does not give us more than we can handle. If He leads you to it He will lead you through it.

Your material things will be replaced in the future, your love for God and your family is more important than your house with high payments.

I am praying for you, Jerry and your family.

Love you bunches
Debbie

Stacey said...

Oh I'm praying for you, Kim, I'm so sorry to hear of this. I know it's easy to fall into despair and I pray you will not. What you said is true and my husband always tells me when I get worked up over our mounting debt that this will be okay. We'll get through it...not one day will be overdue, that is His promise. I hold onto that. Thank you for your uplifting post! xo

Anonymous said...

I stumbled upon your site and read your story. I want to wish you happiness, security and peace in your heart. It sounds like your faith will see you through. There are so many of us struggling right now.