Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Oh...the horror and the pain

Wow. Seems like forever since I have been able to get on any computer! I sure have missed you guys! What was the "horror and the pain" you ask? I have been completely bed ridden w/ my back out. Yup-blew it completely out. I am sitting and walking today and just might get to have a shower. You laugh, but it's true~no shower for 3 days. EWWW. It took me over 10 minutes just to crawl to the bathroom, that might not seem like that long, but the bathroom is literally 8 feet away. I never really understood how bad "lower back" pain could be, but I think God has humbled me. Whenver someone said their back was out, I don't think I "GOT IT", but trust me on this....I DO NOW. LOL. I am sitting upright & the pain is MUCH, MUCH LESS! I felt like I had surgery or something. Anyway, I will get back to designing very soon hopefully and really miss everyone! I hope to be back soon!

Love you guys!

Kimberly-StarScraps

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon! I can empathize with the back thing - not fun! You are in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

Oh poor baby! I feel your pain (herniated 4 discs myself . . . ). I had to go stay with my brother for a few days so he could take care of me; the only problem was he had a VERY low toilet . . . I couldn't get up once I got down on it!!! Finally had to let myself fall forward off the thing and crawl up the wall (there was no way I was going to call him to come in and rescue me off the toilet!). But God is good; the day I went back to the neurosurgeon to discuss surgery after a myelogram, the disc that had been the worst was completely normal! When the surgeon asked me what I did I told him that I prayed a lot . . . he just grinned and said, well it worked; but you were too specific, the other three are still bad. Go back and pray some more. God is good and God is faithful. Even if He doesn't miraculously "heal" you, He will still point you in the right direction for His will. Take care; you're in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better!! Sorry about your back

Kyrsten said...

I feel for you. I was out with back pain in early March & it was HORRIBLE. You can't do anything. Could barely tilt my head to drink soup! The drugs were nice until they wore, but then they left me cranky - I think they were trying to get me addicted - LOL Feel better!!

La Osita Boricua said...

Im really sorry for coming to your blog about this. I realize you use actions on your freebies and many other people do. Well I don't. Atleast not yet. I create my own digital scraps out of physical objects that I take pictures of and hand select them and then cut the background out to create a transparency. It takes hours and sometimes days for me to make my kits. I haven't been making them lately because of that. I can spot my designs from a mile away since I spend hours working on them. Your comment struct me that you said that piracy is "rediculous". Piracy is stealing. I doubt you would like it if someone stole something of yours. Not only is it not rediculous. It is punishable by up to 5 years in federal prison or a fine. Well thats all I have to say I hope you realize that its wrong and I hope that you don't condone pirating because it really does hurt the designer.