Monday, May 26, 2008

Weddings and my Love for my Husband



Hi All!

We attended a fantastic wedding yesterday! Jerry's nephew got married and the whole thing was wonderful. As I watched them exchange vows I got so choked up. All I thought about was how young their love is...and if they nurtured it how much more it would grow. I squeezed my husband's hand and just thanked God. Jerry and I have certainly been through some rough times. At the beginning, things were tough because of Jerry's alcoholism. Our marriage was hanging on by threads when Jerry went into re-hab. When Jerry really, really sought God for relief, our relationship began to change. It was honestly scary for me. While I hated his drinking, I didn't know this man without alcohol. Although we had been married for a few years, this marriage was new, with someone who was drastically changing everyday. Every time I prayed, God would affirm that he was at work in us. I repeated my vows in my mind yesterday and I am thankful God had a plan for Jerry and I. Jeremiah 29:11 comes to mind. I love God...I love what he gave me...My Husband.


Good Night!

Kimberly-StarScraps

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kim, that's so sweet. I thank God for Donnie almost everyday He could not have sent Alexis and I a better man. Love ya Debbie